Almost 50 percent of the women around the world between the age of 40 years and 60 years suffer from the problem of dryness of vagina at some point in their lives. For menopausal and peri-menopausal women, this problem can be quite acute. According to various studies, it is considered to be one of the most common problems affecting menopausal women around the world.
High stress levels are often interrelated with vaginal dryness, which is a common problem amongst the postpartum women. It is also one of the biggest causes behind female sexual dysfunction as the lack of lubrication can make intercourse extremely painful. Women suffering from vaginal dryness usually dread intercourse and thus, start avoiding sex as much as they can. Thus, a drop in libido is quite common with vaginal dryness.
Though vaginal dryness is quite common with menopausal women, it is not at all inevitable. It is possible to avoid and treat this problem if one is fully aware of the causes of dryness of vagina. Here are some of the most common causes due to which vaginal dryness is caused.
- Decline in Estrogen levels: This is the most common cause of dryness in the vaginal region which results in drying and thinning of the vaginal wall. Some other factors include reduction in the muscle tone and the elongated time required for sexual arrival, which is quite common during peri-menopause period.
- Certain Medical Conditions: Vaginal dryness can also be caused due to an underlying medication condition. For instance, it can be caused as a side-effect of Sjogren’s disease. Therefore, in case of prolonged and severe symptoms, or if you are unable to alleviate the condition on your own, you must consult a doctor.
- Emotional Issues: Being under tremendous stress or depression can also lead to vaginal dryness. Lack of arousal and dryness can thus, be a signal of unresolved issues in the relationship.
Besides menopause, some other causes behind the drop in estrogen level can be:
- Breastfeeding and childbirth
- Cancer treatment such as chemotherapy or radiation
- Surgical removal of ovaries
- Intake of anti-estrogen medicines used for treating endometriosis or fibroids.
Whatever be the cause behind vaginal dryness, the fact is that it can be awfully uncomfortable. Thus, it must be treated as quickly as possible.
Looking for a cure for dryness of vagina? Feel the results within just minutes ==> Find out more here!
Read Article On: Menopause And Vaginal Dryness >>