Almost 80 percent women between the age of 40 and 60 suffer from the problem of dryness of vagina or also referred to as vaginal dryness at some point during their lifetime, particularly during the menopausal phase. However, women of all ages are at the risk of lacking lubrication in their vaginal region. Therefore, learning about the symptoms and causes of dryness of vagina, along with its remedies is very important.
Symptoms and Causes
Normally the vaginal walls are lubricated with a thin clear fluid. The hormone called estrogen maintains this vaginal lining and keeping the region elastic and healthy. When a woman experiences reduction in the estrogen levels in the body, this moisture also reduces, leading to vaginal dryness. The most common cause behind this is menopause, but there are other causes as well including breastfeeding, childbirth, chemotherapy, radiation, ovary removal, antidepressant medications, cold medications, allergy medications, lack of foreplay, and douching. Whatever be the cause, vaginal dryness can be treated using a number of home remedies. These include:
- Water: Keep your body completely hydrated to keep dryness of vagina at bay. Drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water every day.
- Chemical Check: A large number of women face the problem of vaginal dryness due to the chemicals they bring in contact with their body on a daily basis. Check the list of ingredients on your hygiene product and laundry products as certain chemicals and perfumes can cause irritation to the delicate mucosal tissues which line our vagina. Avoid using soaps and detergents with added fragrance.
- Cotton undergarments: Wearing cotton panties will help in promoting air circulating in your vaginal region, helping the vagina to stay lubricated.
- Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe Vera gel is an extremely helpful remedy for boosting vaginal lubrication. Milk, saffron and Aloe Vera can also be used together.
- Flax: Consumption of flax oil on a regular basis helps to treat vaginal dryness to a great extent. Freshly ground flaxseed can also be used instead of flax oil.
- Consume fatty acids: Adding lots of fatty acids to your diet will help in retaining estrogen levels in the body. You can include sesame seeds, raw pumpkin, nuts, sunflower seeds, mackerel, salmon and tuna in your diet.
- Foreplay: Vaginal dryness associated with intercourse can be successfully combated with foreplay. This is particularly true for the women experiencing vaginal dryness due to stress.
And if you are looking for a cure for dryness of vagina, this is something that you may want to find out more that you can feel the results within just minutes ==> Find out more here!
Read More Relevant Articles:
What Are The Causes Of Vaginal Dryness?| Natural Remedies For Vaginal Dryness| Menopause and Vaginal Dryness | Cures for Vaginal Dryness| Intivar In Depth Review: Cure For Dryness Of Vagina | Dry Itchy Vagina- What Are The Causes? | Symptoms of Vaginal Dryness Explored | Vaginal Lubrication To Your Aid | Home Remedies For Vaginal Dryness